3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons
6 cups plain Rice Krispies or 6 cups
COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
chocolate chips, melted
wooden skewers or
- Follow the Rice Krispies Treats recipe on the cereal box.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto waxed paper and let them sit until they're cool enough to handle.
- For each turkey body, create a ball the size of a fist. The heads should be about the size of golf balls. Stick the heads to the bodies. (Coat your hands with butter or cooking spray if the mixture gets too sticky.).
- To make feathers, thread licorice onto the skewers or toothpicks. Poke about six into the back of each turkey.
- Use the melted chocolate chips as "glue" by pouring the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag and snipping a tiny hole in one corner. Use this to attach the following items: for eyes, use the marshmallows with chocolate for pupils; for the beak and feet, use candy corn; for the wattle under the bird's neck, use licorice. Makes about six to eight turkeys.