habanero peppers, deseeded and membranes removed
( Be sure to wear gloves when doing this... those babies are HOT. And don't touch your eyes or mouth b)
sweet red peppers
sweet green pepper
frozen raspberries, defrosted and put through a food mill with fine disc
2 1/4 cups
( **or a mixture of the raspberry juice from defrosted raspberries and water to make the total)
1 3/4 ounces
sure-jel dry pectin
( powder, not liquid)
- Chop up peppers in a processor until they are chopped fine. Put all but ¼ cup peppers in a saucepan with raspberries and water. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes. Press through a sieve or a jelly bag. You should have 2 cups prepared juice. (Sometimes I have more juice than needed so I freeze it for another batch).
- Return juice to a clean pot. Add vinegar and reserved chopped peppers. Cool 15 minutes.
- Add pectin. Bring to a boil; add sugar. Bring back to a boil and boil hard for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; skim foam.
- Ladle into hot ½ pint jars leaving 1/8” headspace.
- Seal; process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes (for 4 oz. jars).
- Note: jelly might be liquidy at first, but gels over the next 1 or 2 days.
- I usually get anywhere from 10-12 of the 4 oz. jars.