bone in pork chops
0.5 (16 ounce) bags
Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
celery ribs, chopped including tops
jonathan apples, unpeeled chopped
( leave fairly chunky)
( optional I did not use)
pumpkin pie spice
( if necessary to brown pork chops)
nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt 4 tb of butter in skillet. Add onion and celery and saute gently until just tender.
- In a smaller skillet melt 2 tb of butter. Add apple chunks and raisins and saute until just tender. Mix in pumpkin pie seasoning, brown sugar and water. (the optional tablespoon of lemon juice would go in the apples at this point if you choose to use it). Reduce heat to warm.
- In a large bowl combine stuffing mix, sauteed vegetables, beaten egg and enough chicken broth to moisten to your liking. Lightly stir in 2/3 of the apple mix.
- In a 2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray place stuffing.
- Brown pork chops in same skillet vegetables were sauteed in adding canola oil if necessary. Season with garlic salt, pepper and parsley.
- Place browned chops on top of stuffing. Cover baking pan with foil.
- Bake chops and stuffing for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Garnish pork chops with reserved apple/raisin mix and serve.