3 (14 ounce) cans
low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups
tomato and basil pasta sauce, plus
tomato and basil pasta sauce
1 (15 ounce) cans
cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
crushed red pepper flakes
boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
baby spinach, prewashed
chopped fresh basil
parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- In Dutch oven, bring chicken broth, pasta sauce, cannellini beans and crushed red pepper to a simmer.
- Turn heat to low.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; add to broth.
- Gently poach chicken, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes (the broth should barely simmer).
- Stir in baby spinach.
- Continue cooking soup until spinach is wilted and chicken is just cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Stir in basil; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with grated cheese.