garlic cloves, peeled
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup star shaped pasta or 1/2 cup
other tiny pasta
- Place the garlic and olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large pot over medium heat and cook until very fragrant, about 3 minutes, being careful not to let the garlic brown.
- Stir in the stock and season with salt and cayenne to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and divide among 4 soup bowls.
- When ready to serve, add the sherry to the soup, ladle into the bowls, and serve at once.