extra virgin olive oil
fine grain sea salt
( canned is fine, if you don't want to cook up a pot of dried chickpeas)
extra firm tofu, cubed
of chopped kale
( I've also used spinach)
( I don't even peel them)
lemon, juice and zest of
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil In a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in a big pinch of salt, the onion, and chickpeas.
- Saute until the chickpeas are deeply golden and crusty.
- Stir in the tofu and cook just until the tofu is heated through, just a minute or so.
- Stir in the kale and cook for one minute more.
- Remove everything from the skillet onto a large plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, add the zucchini and saute until it starts to take on a bit of color, two or three minutes.
- Add the chickpea mixture back to the skillet, and remove from heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest, taste, and season with a bit more salt if needed.
- Turn out onto a platter and serve.