3 1/2 ounces
strawberry, to serve
- Put the cream, milk and vanilla pod (whole) into a saucepan.
- Heat over a very low heat until almost simmering, stirring constantly.
- Put the gelatine sheets in water to soak.
- Add the sugar to the warm cream mixture and stir until melted completely.
- Remove the vanilla pod then add the chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add the gelatine to the mixture and stir.
- Remove from heat and make sure the mixture is completely smooth.
- Cool, then pour into ramekins.
- Leave in the fridge to set for around 4 hours.
- If you wish, loosen the panna cotta out of the ramekins by placing them in warm water for a few moments then turning onto a plate.
- I find the flavour is best if you remove the panna cotta from the fridge about 10 minutes before needed. Serve with chopped fresh strawberries.