1 1/2 cups
sifted powdered sugar
1/3 cup melted butter or 1/3 cup
canned pumpkin puree
vanilla ice cream, softened but not melted
( to garnish top of pie before serving)
- For the crust; combine 1-1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs with powdered sugar and melted butter or margarine.
- Press firmly into bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 4-5 minutes; cool completely before filling.
- For the pie; in a bowl combine the first 6 ingredients until blended.
- Fold in the soft ice cream until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon into prepared crust.
- Freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Allow the pie to sit at room temperature for 8 minutes before slicing.
- Serve each piece topped with whipped cream.