Splenda granular, sugar substitute
strong brewed coffee
1/2 cup golden raisins or 1/2 cup
chopped dried apricot
1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup
milk, for toppings
sugar, for toppings
- Stir together the flour, cinnamon, and Splenda.
- Cut the margarine into tablespoon pieces and blend with the pastry blender or two knives into the dry mixture (margarine pieces should be the size of small peas.).
- Mix together the eggs, coffee, and milk.
- Stir into the dry mixture to form a soft dough.
- Stir in the fruit and nuts.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and gently pat into a circle of dough about 1/2" thick.
- Cut out rounds with floured biscuit cutter and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Gently brush tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 400° F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.