( see note above on quantity)
garlic cloves, crushed
white wine vinegar
sweet chili sauce
( I buy mine from my Asian supermarket so it has more kick to it than the ones that you can buy at a r)
fresh ginger, grated
- Serving size is if served as is with some rice if serving as part of other dishes easily serves 4.
- Bring some water, seasoned with pepper, Chinese five spice and beef stock, to a boil in a large saucepan, add ribs, simmer about 40 Min's or until you can pull meat from bone. (Time will depend on how many ribs you are making this can take up to 90 Min's if you are making are large quantity.).
- In a saucepan combine all sauce ingredients, except soy and cornflour, heat until apricot jam is well combined, mix soy and cornflour, add to sauce, stir until mixture thickens slightly.
- Place ribs in an oven proof dish and pour sauce over, coat ribs well and bake in a moderate oven (180c) for about 30-40 Min's longer if you have more ribs. Remove and stir to coat in sauce real well.
- Serve with extra dipping sauce if desired.