dried red chilies
piece cinnamon stick
green cardamom pods
- Deseed and take off any stems from the chilies.
- Heat a frying pan and add all the seeds. Dry-fry over medium heat, stirring until the spices give off a rich aroma.
- Allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, break the stick into pieces and deseed the cardamom pods. Throw the pods away but keep the seeds.
- Grind all the seeds in a grinder.
- Stir in the turmeric and use immediately or store in an airtight jar away from light for no more than one month.