1 1/4 cups
( for deep frying)
- Mix flour, salt, and cornstarch.
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup of water and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons sugar.
- Add yeast mixture and 1 cup of water to flour and cornstarch. Beat well until smooth. (Batter should have the same consistency as pancake mix). Set aside one hour to rise.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan on medium to high fire.
- Dip a tablespoon in water, and pick up a small portion of the batter and drop it into the hot oil. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Fry until light brown. Remove and dip in prepared cold attar (syrup).
- Serve while hot.