( nice thick cut ones.)
onions, sliced thinly
beef stock granules
french creamy mustard
1 1/4 teaspoons
fresh tarragon, chopped finely
( I did a generous tablespoon it was not quite 11/2 but a little over 1.)
- Add sliced onion to a small pan with a little olive oil and cook until onion is soft and browned, can either be kept warm on stove or reheated in a microwave later.
- Add brandy, beef stock and mustard to a pan bring to the boil, whisk to blend mustard.
- Add garlic and both creams, mix a little water with cornflour, add to sauce stir until mixture boils and thickens, turn down heat.
- Add pepper, tarragon and juice stir to combine, keep sauce warm on a low heat, on the stove, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming over the top.
- Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper, BBQ, Grill or pan fry until browned and cooked as desired.
- I like mine medium rare so when I have thick steaks like these, I sear each side for 2 minutes and then place in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- To Serve: Top each steak with some onion, pour sauce over and serve with whatever veg and starch you want. I served mine with creamed spinach.