1 (14 ounce) packages
of linguine style rice noodles
1 1/2 cups
( chunky is good!)
Thai sweet chili sauce
( 1 tablespoon if you don't enjoy a little kick!)
brown sugar, level
yellow curry paste
( red works too!)
2 (10 ounce) cans
( shake well before opening)
green bell pepper
red bell pepper
asian style pea pods
8 ounces chicken breasts or 8 ounces
- Begin by poaching the chicken breast. (If you are using tofu, bake, fry, or steam your tofu. That is up to you!).
- Wrap chicken in a tin-foil wrapper and place in a baking dish. Bake at 425 for about 30 minutes or until cooked completely through. While the chicken is baking, begin the sauce.
- Pour the coconut milk into a large skillet with high sides and gently warm on medium heat for a couple minutes. Add the peanut butter and melt. As the peanut butter melts, add in the rest of the sauce (save 1/2 cup chopped peanuts) ingredients and stir fully. Let gently simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Start a large pot of water to boil for the noodles.
- Rinse and slice the peppers into thin strips.
- Rinse the rest of the veggies and add all of the veggies to the sauce.
- Cover and let continue to simmer on lowest heat.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, remove it from the oven and the foil & let it rest for a few minutes or until cool enough to slice. Slice the chicken into slices or chunks and add to the sauce and toss.
- Rice noodles cook fairly quickly, so keep your eye on them. Add rice noodles to boiling water and let cook according to the package directions (about 6-8 minutes). Test by eating one of the noodles for doneness. Noodle should be al dente -- cooked but not overcooked.
- Drain noodles.
- Turn off heat.
- Add a small amount of the coconut peanut butter sauce to the large pasta pot.
- Return the noodles to the pot.
- Pour the rest of the sauce with veggies on top of the noodles.
- Toss thoroughly.
- Serve with a garnish of chopped peanuts on top.