8 -10 medium
red potatoes, peeled, rinsed, and cubed
hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
celery ribs, finely diced
1 -1 1/2 cup
( when adding mayonnaise, depending on how much mayo you like, add 1/2 cup at a time until the desired)
( to taste)
fresh ground black pepper
dill pickle spears, chopped
( I use Claussen)
- Peel potatoes, rinse, slice and cube. Place in boiling pot of water with salt and pepper to your taste. Boil 10-15 minutes, or until just tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from heat, drain, and cool potatoes.
- Peel and rinse HB eggs. Quarter, then coarsely chop in chunks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, celery, and eggs.
- Add mustard, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, chili powder, and paprika. Stir to blend.
- Taste test; add more mayo to your taste and sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add chopped dill pickles last and stir to mix.
- Taste test again. Adjust mayo, salt and pepper if needed.
- NOTE: Additional mayonnaise can be added to get salad to desired consistency. I usually add a little "extra" as it seems to get absorbed by the potatoes and I don't like it dry.