firm ripe peaches
( blanched, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch cube)
thinly sliced onion
garlic clove, minced
( ghee, coconut, or sesame, prepfered)
dried red chilies
1 1/2 teaspoons
black mustard seeds
- Heat the oil over medium fire, and add whole spices.
- cook a few minutes, until the mustard seeds start to pop.
- add the onions and fry until a nice light carmely color(might have to splash a little water to keep it from burning too much).
- add peaches and cook a few minutes, then add sugar, vinegar, salt and ground spiceand garlic.
- lower heat and cook until sticky.
- watch and stir, you don't want it to burn, just reduce and get more tight.
- you could can to extend the deliciousness, or store in fridge for several days.