2 (8 ounce) packages
refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
cream cheese, softened
fresh asparagus spear, cut into 1-inch pieces
( about 3/4 cup)
diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup chopped red onions or 1/3 cup
1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon
shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In a bowl, whisk cream cheese and milk. Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Separate 1 egg, reserving egg white. Add the yolk, remaining 7 eggs, dill weed, salt and pepper to cream cheese mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Add asparagus, bell pepper, and onion to the bowl, mix well.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a 12" skillet over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes or until eggs are set but still moist.
- Remove pan from heat. Set aside.
- Unroll the 2 packages of crescent rolls, do not separate.
- Arrange dough on a cookie sheet with longest sides of rectangles across the width of the cookie sheet. Roll the dough with a rolling pin(or round drinking glass) to seal seams.
- Startin on longest sides of cookie sheet, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1 1/2" wide and 3" long.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop filling evenly over center of dough.
- Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across the top of the filling.
- Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid.
- Fold the bottom edges of the dough up at the ends of braid.
- Brush top of braid with the remaining lightly beaten egg white.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!