1 1/2 cups
1 (20 ounce) cans
crushed pineapple with juice
( walnuts or pecans)
3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking soda, eggs, and crushed pineapple.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 9X13 pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and chopped nuts over cake batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Ten minutes before cake is done, start making the frosting.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a medium size sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour frosting on cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Serve cake cool or warm.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.