lean ground chuck
( we like to use the onion rolls from our grocery store's bakery)
( we love thick sliced, applewood smoked bacon)
4 -8 ounces
colby-monterey jack cheese, cut into thick slices
( colby or mild cheddar also work well)
French onion dip
( fat free, or made with fat free sour cream is fine(the burgers have plenty of fat already, you won't)
- Shape ground chuck into 4 patties.
- Cook burgers ALMOST to your preferred doneness on the BBQ grill, grill pan, under the broiler, in a pan, or on your george foreman grill.
- Top with cheese, continue to cook until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Assemble burgers, spreading top and bottom half of the buns with the french onion dip, and topping each burger with two slices of the bacon.
- You may want to have a little extra french onion dip for dipping your burger, as it tends to slide if you put too much on the bun, and you'll want plenty!
- For a super sinful & greasy meal, serve with fries or onion rings. For a little healthier side dish, serve with a big salad with fresh tomatoes.