red & green Thai red chili pepper
- Wearing rubber gloves, fill a 14oz glass jar with stemmed Thai chile peppers to within about an inch from the top.
- In small saucepan, bring vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil, stirring until salt and sugar are dissolved (about 2-3 mins).
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture over peppers in jar.
- Cover and chill 3 weeks.
- NOTE: Chilling for three weeks allows the peppers to fire up the vinegar mixture. The longer it sits, the zippier it gets!
- NOTE #2: Wearing rubber gloves when working with hot peppers is a good idea!