potatoes, peeled and diced
green onions, thinly sliced
salt, as needed
- In a large nonstick frying pan put the oil and heat over high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the potatoes. Stir-fry frequently until the potatoes are golden brown, around 20-25 minutes. You may need to reduce the heat to medium-high after the potatoes have cooked a bit.
- The last 2 minutes of cooking stir in the cayenne, green onions and salt.
- Serve at once.
- This type of recipe doesn't usually have onions, but I like the mild flavor of the green ones.
- Tips to have this recipe come out: use a nonstick frying pan, stir frequently so that the potatoes don't stay stuck together, cook over fairly highish heat except maybe the last few minutes, use potatoes that have a lower starch content (like red potatoes).