( no substitutions)
( at room temperature)
( firmly packed)
1 1/4 cups
2 1/2 teaspoons
( cold, cut into small cubes)
- to prepare struesel topping: In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients use a pastry cutter to cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly and about the size of tiny peas -- set aside. if you have a food processor go for it!
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a seperate bowl.
- add half of the container of sour cream and beat until well combined.
- gradually add half of your dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- add the rest of the sour cream, beat. then add the rest of the dry ingredients and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- gently fold in your blueberries, being careful not to break them.
- spray a 9x13 pan with "pam" on the bottom only.
- add 1/2 of the batter and spread to cover the bottom of the pan.
- sprinkle 1/2 of the struesel topping on top of the batter.
- pour remaining batter on top and spread to cover.
- take a butter knife and make swirls all the way through the batter. this will give you the swirls in the cake when finished baking.
- sprinkle remaining struesel on top
- place in a 350 degree preheated oven for 70-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- let cool
- cover tightly.