extra virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, minced
ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 tablespoons
fresh basil, chopped
parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 T of the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and tomato paste to pan and turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes have begun to lose their shape.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon olive oil and basil.
- Place pasta in large bowl and stir in sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.