onion, finely chopped
shoulder lamb chops
1 1/2 teaspoons
gingerroot, freshly shaved
( I used 1 teaspoon because I love cumin!)
garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons
sesame seeds, toasted
- In large frying pan, saute onion in olive oil until limp. Push to sides of pan.
- In same pan, brown chops well on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ginger, cumin, garlic and cinnamon. Saute 1 minute. Transfer to crock pot.
- Deglaze pan with 2 tablespoons water (i.e., on high heat, add 2 tablespoons water and stir until most of the flavor-packed brown bits are dislodged). Add to pot.
- Scatter cilantro and prunes over lamb chops. Cover.
- Cook on low (200 degrees F) for 6 hours.
- Stir in honey and lime juice. Heat to serving temperature.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.