crushed saltine crackers
finely chopped onion
( or ground)
fresh ground pepper
1 1/2 lbs
93% lean ground beef
brown sugar, not packed down
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crush saltine crackers in ziplock bag with mallet or rolling pin until finely crushed.
- Combine the first 9 ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Place and form meat loaf into a greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients and spread over top of meat loaf.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer, until thermometer reads 160°F
- Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.