snails, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 tablespoons
shallots, finely chopped
garlic, finely chopped
parsley, finely chopped
- In a small bowl mix the butter, shallots, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper until the butter is soft and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Put about 1/4 tablespoon of the butter in each shell, followed by a snail, and then another 1/4 tablespoon of butter.
- Place on individual oven-proof serving dishes and bake in a 400F (200C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the butter begins to bubble.
- Serve with crusty French bread (baguette) for sopping up the sauce.
- * Canned escargots (snails) can be bought, complete with empty shells for serving, in most supermarkets in the US.