( box 15 oz Pillsbury softened as directed on box.)
5 1/2 cups
fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
( 8 to 9 medium up to 6 cups total)
1 (12 ounce) bags
whole frozen raspberries
( thawed, drained and liquid reserved. Can substitute blackberries.)
- PIE DIRECTIONS:.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In large bowl, gently mix peaches and lemon juice to coat.
- Gently stir in all remaining pie ingredients.
- Spoon into crust-lined pan and top with second crust; seal edge and flute.
- Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- SAUCE DIRECTIONS:.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- If necessary, add water to reserved raspberry liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Gradually stir liquid into sugar mixture and cook, stirring contantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Gently fold in raspberries; stir in almond extract.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To serve, cut pie into wedges; place on individual dessert plates.
- Spoon sauce over pie.