( about 2 slices)
leek, white part only, halved lengthwise, rinsed and thinly sliced
fresh ground black pepper
crushed red pepper flakes
reduced-sodium chicken broth
yukon gold potatoes, diced
fresh corn kernels
( about 4 ears)
1 1/2 lbs
tilapia fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
finely chopped fresh thyme
chopped fresh chives
- Chop bacon and cook in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until crispy, 3 to 4 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Add oil & cooking spray to the pan.
- Add celery, leek, onion, mushrooms, salt, black pepper, pinch of crushed red pepper flakes(if using) and cook until the vegetables just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes and corn.
- Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook until the potatoes are just tender and the corn is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in tilapia and thyme; return to a gentle simmer.
- Cook until the tilapia is cooked through, about 4 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in half-and-half, lemon juice and the reserved bacon.
- Garnish with chives, if using.