( about 16 large)
cedar plank, soaked for minimum of 1 hour
( or other UNTREATED wood plank)
( or other herbs as desired)
- Soak wood plank in water or other juice/herb mixture for a minimum of an hour (or use my trick and pull a pre-soaked plank out of the freezer -- see my recipe!).
- Place thawed scallops in a bowl and toss with lime juice, wine and spice. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Light grill. When grill is ready, place wood plank on grill. After three minutes, flip plank. Place scallops on plank, close grill and let cook for about 10 minutes (depending on size of scallops!).
- Remove scallops from grill and serve.
- **Remember - food will continue to cook on plank after removed from grill, so adjust time according to your food!**.
- Sometimes, I wrap scallops with proscuitto and hold proscuitto in place with partially stripped rosemary "toothpicks" for a different flavor -- yummy!