1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups
Splenda sugar substitute
gated lemon rind
1 1/4 cups
( lemon or vanilla or mix the two)
( or to taste)
finely grated lemon zest
( to taste)
- Prep all your ingredients before hand, this will help to make sure things move quickly and to be sure you have all the ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine the pastry flour, all-purpose flour, splenda, baking powder, salt and grated lemon rind.
- Using a whisk mix all the dry ingredients till well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine the oil, eggs, lemon juice, yogurt and milk. Mix the ingredients together with a wire whisk till well blended.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula, just till combined.
- Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans ( 8 x 41/2 ).
- Bake in a 350F oven for 30 -35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- FOR GLAZE:.
- Combine the 1/4 cup of sugar, lemon juice and rind in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from saucepan and brush on top of the loaves.