garlic cloves, smashed
skirt steaks, seasoned if desired
( or any type of steak)
kaiser rolls, split
fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Brush the tomatoes with the seasoned oil, and grill until lightly charred, turning once - about 12 minutes, and set them aside.
- Brush the steak and the rolls with the seasoned oil, and grill the rolls for a couple of minutes, turning occasionally.
- Grill the steak, turning once, to desired temperature.
- Let the meat rest, then slice it thinly, and divide among 4 plates.
- Coarsely chop the rolls and tomatoes, and toss in a bowl with the rosemary, any residual meat juices, and additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Top each plate of steak with the bread salad.