onion, thinly sliced
rib eye steaks
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Combine oil, sliced onion, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon black pepper in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Add steaks to marinade, turning to coat.
- Spoon half of sliced onion evenly over steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Remove steaks from marinade.
- Combine paprika, cayenne, salt, white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl.
- Sprinkle each side of each steak with 1 teaspoon spice mixture.
- Grill or broil steaks until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Cut each steak in half.
- Divide steaks among plates; serve.