1 1/4 cups
fine chocolate wafer crumbs, processed in blender or food processor
( about 25 cookies)
light ricotta cheese
( 30 oz.)
1 1/4 cups
light brown sugar, packed
unsweetened cocoa powder
walnuts, coarsely chopped
( 2 oz.)
- Lightly grease sides of 8 or 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine crust ingredients; mix well.
- Press evenly over bottom of pan.
- Chill while preparing filling.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine Ricotta cheese, brown sugar, cocoa, half-and-half, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter over crust. Bake at 350 F 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is just set. Turn off oven; cool in oven with door propped open 30 minutes.
- Remove to wire cooling rack; loosen cake from rim of pan with metal spatula.
- Cool completely; chill at least 4 hours.
- If desired, sift confectioners sugar over cheesecake immediately before serving, or ice with suggested icing and garnish with chocolate curls and whole walnuts.