chicken breast, bone-in
( I usually remove the skin)
fresh ground pepper, to taste
red currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season chicken with sage, pepper, and soy sauce. Rub with 1 teaspoon dried thyme.
- Place seasoned chicken on baking sheet, place in oven, and begin baking.
- In the meantime, heat jelly, vinegar, and the other teaspoon of thyme in a small saucepan until jelly is melted. Remove from heat.
- Frequently brush the baking chicken with glaze until chicken is thoroughly cooked and juices run clear (about 30 minutes total).