crumbled blue cheese
( Danish, Maytag, or Gorgonzola)
- Preheat oven to 400°; line a baking sheet with foil.
- Lay bacon on the baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, until the bacon has rendered some fat but is still pliable; drain on paper towels.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half and lay it on a cutting board.
- Slit the figs lengthwise, making a small pocket.
- Push about 1 teaspoon of the crumbled cheese into the pocket and close the slit.
- Place the fig on the bacon and roll the bacon around the fig, securing with a toothpick.
- Repeat with the remaining bacon, figs, and cheese.
- Transfer figs to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, placing them about ½ inch apart.
- Bake in 400° oven for 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp; remove from baking dish and serve hot or warm.
- **Make Ahead or OAMC: after step 8, Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Defrost the figs in the refrigerator overnight, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 400°; let figs come to room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp; remove from baking dish and serve hot or warm.