thin pizza crust
( I use Boboli 12-inch thin crust)
extra virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 -4 large
basil leaves, cut into strips
Tomatoes, cut thinly
mozzarella cheese, shredded
salt and pepper, to taste
crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza shell. Use a brush to spread it around and make sure to get the crust!
- Next, disperse the finely chopped garlic evenly.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese throughout the top, but keep it thin.
- Place the thinly sliced tomatoes across the entire pizza.
- Lightly salt and pepper the tomatoes with the kosher salt.
- Spread the fresh basil leaves, making sure to get some on tomatoes and on just the cheese itself.
- Cook the pizza in the oven for about 9-10 minutes, or until sufficiently crispy and melted to your liking.
- Add a little Parmesan cheese and (optional) crushed red pepper and enjoy!