vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into twelve 1/4 inch slices
finely chopped shallot
6 (6 ounce)
red snapper fillets, skinned and cut in half crosswise
imported black olives, pitted and chopped
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 6 pinches
dried thyme leaves
fresh lemon juice
olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut twelve 12-inch squares of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Set a square on the work surface so one corner points toward you.
- Below the imaginary midline that divides the square into two triangles, place a slice of tomato and a small amount of shallot; top with a piece of fish, a portion of the olives and capers, some salt and pepper, and a pinch of thyme.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and a few drops of oil.
- Fold the triangle top down over the fish.
- Seal the packages by firmly folding over the edges three times and place the package in a large baking dish.
- Repeat with the remaining squares and ingredients.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan in the oven after 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Carefully open one package; the fish should be opaque in the center.
- If it is not, reseal the package and bake the fish about 5 minutes longer.
- Serve 2 packages per person, allowing each diner to open his or her own at the table.