almond paste, grated
( this is 1 box)
eggs, room temperature
fresh lemon juice
( 2-3 large lemons)
lemon rind, grated
1 1/2 cups
confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preeheat oven to 350°F
- Place cupcake liners in muffins tins.
- In mixing bowl, mix Almond Paste and sugar until the texture of small crumbs. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Add yogurt, oil, lemon juice and rind. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder into almond mixture. Beat until mixed, scraping the bottom and sides of bowl. Spoon batter into liners, a bit more than 1/2 full.
- Bake cupcakes in center of oven, 20-25 minutes or until tops are nicely rounded and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Start testing at 20 minutes. Cool tins on wire racks for 5 minutes. Then, transfer cupcakes to wire rack and cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar or frost with optional glaze. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Note: Unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen for 1 month.