1/3 cup marsala (I used marsala ) or 1/3 cup
dry red wine
( I used marsala )
seedless no-sugar-added strawberry preserves
garlic cloves, minced
Splenda brown sugar blend
fresh ground pepper
12 fresh cherries (Pitted) or 12
12 fresh blueberries or 12
shallots, finely chopped
- In a blender or food processor add wine, vinegar, strawberry preserves, garlic, Splenda, coffee, salt, pepper, pitted cherries and blueberries. Puree.
- Place meat in a large zip lock bag and pour in marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or over night for steak and for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours for chicken.
- Remove meat and pour marinade into a small saucepan. Add finely chopped shallot and set aside.
- Preheat broiler or prepare grill. Broil or grill meat until cooked to desired doneness.
- While meat is grilling bring sauce to a boil and then simmer. Stir in butter.
- If using London Broil, thinly slice crosswise, against the grain. Add any juices on the cutting board to the sauce. Serve with sauce. If using chicken or other steak cuts - serve with sauce.