1 3/4 cups
1 1/4 cups jasmine rice, rinsed well,drained or 1 1/4 cups
long-grain white rice
1/2 cup shelled fresh peas or 1/2 cup
extra virgin olive oil
green onions, thinly sliced
fresh lemon juice
chopped fresh parsley
grated lemon, rind of
- Combine 1 3/4 cups water, rice, and salt in large saucepan.
- Cook until just cooked-- do not overcook.
- Fluff with fork.
- Cook peas in medium saucepan of boiling salted water 1 minute.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add all but 2 tablespoons green onions; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add rice and sauté until heated through, stirring to break pieces, about 4 minutes.
- Add peas, lemon juice, parsley, and lemon peel.
- Sauté 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and serve immediately.