almonds, sliced and unblanched
whole almond, blanched
- Cook rice according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine milk, melted butter, sugar, eggs, and salt.
- Stir in the rice and pour into a well-buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Combine the sliced almonds and cinnamon and sprinkle over the pudding.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees Farenheit) for about 1 hour or until the pudding has thickened sufficiently.
- Press the whole almond into the pudding and cover the mark left.
- Serve either hot or chilled with the light cream to pour over it.