1 3/4 inches
jalapeno pepper, seeded
cilantro leaf, loosely packed
1 1/2 lbs
salmon fillets, fresh or frozen cut about 1 inch thick
- In a blender or food processor, combine gingerroot, garlic, and jalapeno. Process till finely chopped.
- Add cilantro and process till combined.
- Stir this mixture into softened butter.
- Shape butter into a 6" log on a piece of plastic wrap; seal tightly and chill till serving time or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Salt and pepper salmon.
- Place in a well-greased grill basket or on a well-greased grill rack directly over medium coals.
- Grill for 4-6 minutes for each 1/2" of thickness. (Or, broil on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 4 inches from the heat for 4-6 minutes for each 1/2" of thickness).
- If the fish is thicker than 1 ", turn it halfway through cooking.
- When done, the fish should flake easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve: place a slice of jalapeno butter atop each piece of fish.