Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
Quicker Quaker Oats
maraschino cherry, Chopped
1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 2-quart heavy saucepan on low heat, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with butter, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt to chocolate mixture. Fold in oats, nuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup chopped cherries.
- Spread into greased 9 x 13" pan.
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- Cut brownies 4 by 6 across pan to make 24 squares.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped cherries over top.
- In small heavy saucepan on low heat, melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle chocolate over top of brownies to make a lacey pattern.
- Chill about 15 minutes to set chocolate. Recut brownies.
- >From the Kitchen of: Carole Source: Ghiradell i.