4 (36 inch)
flour tortillas, dried, crushed
tostito creamy salsa
9.85 ml sysco chicken base (2) or 9.85 ml
chicken bouillon cubes
vegetable bouillon cube
59.14 ml cilantro, finely chopped or 28.39 ml
celery, finely minced
- Two ways to crush or blend tortillas: 1) Put chunks of tortillas in food processor until fine; or 2) Break into chunks and put in the soup.
- When soup is done cooking, put into blender to puree.
- Caution! when blending hot foods, do not fill blender full.
- Add the tortilla small pieces or tortilla fine crumbs to crockpot or stock pot.
- Add the water.
- Add the creamy salsa (any you prefer).
- Add the chicken base or cubes or vegetable cubes.
- Add dried onions, cilantro, minced celery celery, grated carrots.
- Cover, cook on medium heat until bubbling, then simmer. Cooking time is 20 minutes. Take off burner. Blend soup in small amounts in blender and pour into tureen. Do not blend, if tortillas are finely crushes and salsa is creamy.
- Note: I have added grated cheese to each bowl to have a variance right before serving.
- Salt before serving to your taste.