( 6 inches long)
extra virgin olive oil
zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
cottage cheese, drained in a strainer
1 (16 ounce) jars
roasted red peppers, drained and 1/3 cup finely chopped
finely chopped basil leaves, plus 8 leaves, thinly sliced
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles, stirring often, until al dente.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Using a food processor, puree the drained cheese until smooth; add to the zucchini along with the chopped roasted peppers and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the food processor bowl.
- Lay the noodles flat on a work surface.
- Place an equal amount of the zucchini mixture at the end of each noodle, then roll up.
- Divide the rolls among 4 dinner plates.
- Using the food processor, puree the remaining roasted peppers with the tomato until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over the rolls.
- Top with the sliced basil.