grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons
1 1/2 teaspoons
dried Italian seasoning
( for a less intense flavor reduce to 1/2 teaspoon)
( can use more)
fresh ground black pepper
( or adjust to heat level)
( for frying, can use vegetable oil or Canola oil)
- Cut the peeled eggplant into about 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In a shallow bowl whisk eggs with water.
- In another shallow bowl combine breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Heat about 3/4 to 1-inch of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (the oil should be hot before adding in the slices).
- Dip the eggplant slices firstly into the egg mixture, then coat both sides with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the slices into the hot oil and fry only until light golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side (after frying one eggplant you may need to add in more oil to the skillet).
- Remove to a large serving plate (these are best when served right away).