pork baby back ribs
( whole racks)
3 -4 quarts
- In a large pot bring water to boil.
- While water is heating up, remove baby back racks from plastic.
- Turn the racks over and remove the membrane from the back. (It is a thin piece of membrane that covers the back of the ribs which can be removed by getting a knife in under it at one of the ends, and then grabbing it with your hand and pulling it all the way down the rack and off.).
- If you can't get the membrane off, it is edible.
- (LOL! I cooked the ribs with it on for years as I didn't know any better!).
- Now, cut the ribs apart.
- Places ribs in boiling water and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 1-hour.
- Remove throughly cooked ribs from pot and turn off stove.
- Place in a bowl and cover with BBQ sauce.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat up grill to high (gas) and then lower heat to medium.
- Place ribs on grill and coat each rib with BBQ sauce.
- (I use the sauce from the bottom of the bowl).
- Grill them for 15 minutes per side or until hot.
- Enjoy! Yum!
- Alternative: Can be broiled in oven instead of grilled for winter months.