1 1/3 cups
unsalted butter, at room temp
light brown sugar
( chocolate hazelnut spread)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
toasted & skinned hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside dry ingredients.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in Nutella and vanilla extract.
- Mix in egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Refridgerate dough for about 15 minutes. Either drop small balls of dough or use hands to roll 1-inch diameter balls of dough and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to cooling racks.