onion, halved and sliced
1 green bell peppers or 1
red bell pepper, sliced into strips
garlic cloves, minced
zucchini, halved and sliced
1 acorn squash (pre roasted works best) or 1
eggplant, peeled and diced
( pre roasted works best)
sun-dried tomato, cut into strips
fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
pumpkin seeds, roasted
- Bake acorn squash in oven just until tender. If you are using eggplant, peel and cube the eggplant and toss with a bit of olive oil, roasting until slightly tender.
- Cook pasta al dente per package instructions.
- Saute in large skillet over medium to med.-high heat onion, pepper, and garlic about 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini, acorn squash or eggplant and saute until squash is lightly browned and onions are tender about 6 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium low.
- Add seasonings and sundried tomatoes and mix well.
- Add precooked pasta, pesto, parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Heat until well blended and pasta has absorbed some of the pesto, about 5 minutes.
- Add fresh mozzarella.
- Adjust spices to your personal taste.
- Buono Gusto!