broccoli, trimmed into florets and steamed for 4 to 5 minutes
sherry wine vinegar
light brown sugar
red chili pepper flakes
extra virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 -5 slices
( long strips)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, brown sugar, and chili flakes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and lemon peel and cook briefly until beginning to turn golden brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar mixture and salt and simmer 2 minutes longer.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli florets and serve immediately.